Recently in 2006, the White Horse established itself as a Pub & Seafood restaurant, where you can find a wide selection of seafood dishes along with all your pub favorites, night and day.
Everyday in our restaurant we make our own sauces. Our Chef shops daily for the freshest seafood and produce. Our seafood is always fresh or flash frozen whichever will deliver the best quality to our customers.
Certified Angus Beef is one of the best grades of beef the USA offers. We always choose the best quality beef, which delivers flavourful and tender quality for our customers.
Fish, Fish, Fish
The White Horse Pub & Restaurant serves a selection of fresh local Wahoo, Rockfish and Yellowfin Tuna. We also serve when available imported Swordfish, Halibut, Salmon, Sea Bass, Grouper and Red Snapper, just to name a few. We use cod for our famous Fish ‘n’ Chips, a favorite among locals and visitors alike.
When in season, The White Horse serves fresh local Bermuda Lobster. Our chef prepares this dish in a very unique way, which can only be found here at The White Horse.
(Lobster season is from September – April).
Our Chef prepares daily lunch and dinner specials using fresh seasonal products to deliver memorable dishes. Our specials are a mixture of seafood and non-seafood items, or sometimes combine regular menu items all in one – known as platters.
The White Horse Pub & Restaurant is located at 8 Kings Square St. George’s. We are situated on the waterfront edge across from Ordnance Island where the cruise ship docks. We provide covered patio waterfront dining and inside dining all year round, with a warm fireplace provided inside for our guests in the winter. We have one full service bar available inside, and one outside bar which is open during the summer months.
The White Horse building, previously known as The Esten House, has a history back dating from the mid 1700’s. In 1929, the Esten House building was purchased by William Frith, and extended slightly southerly towards the waterfront edge. In 1930, White Horse Tavern opened its doors, which was at that time a bar and hotel. From this time on, White Horse Tavern has been a St. George’s landmark. In the mid 1960’s and in 1980, another extension of the building was developed southerly, right on the waterfronts edge. Still today, White Horse is a St. George’s landmark, amongst locals and visitors alike.